Additions, tweaks and precisions to existing rules (complete re-writes having been deliberately minimised):
- Chase Rules ? Chases are a staple of many action genres, be it film, video game or even book. Yet WFRP (like many other RPGs), despite having entire chapters dedicated to combat rules, hardly has a single sentence on how to handle chases. So here?s my attempt at righting this injustice... DOC / PDF
- Madness meters in WFRP ? my attempt to integrate an oft overlooked aspect of character development; traumatic events & their psychological impacts from ORE (One Role Engine). While fascinating this has yet to be game-tested so any feedback is particularly welcome! DOC / PDF
- Blood, sweat & tears ? details the time required to learn skills, including incremental progression as well as varying degrees of success and failure.
- Major trading commodities ? their availability, prices & tonnage, as seen by Juergen Sturmcrowe, agent for Robilliard van de Boer (powerful merchant from Talabheim). Prices are listed for 3 key markets; Erengrad (Kislev), the Empire and the tiny caliphate of Al-Anaïm (Araby). Also includes the units of measure for wet and dry goods (highly realistic), as well as the travel times of major sea routes. Originally written as handout for player to encourage his scout character to explore trade routes for his employer. Click here to view the "work in progress" player handout.
- Rawhide ? expanded rules for enlivening those long days in the
saddle, particularly those foolish enough to steal horse without
knowing how to ride... With particular attention to riding
conditions, rider's ability & mount's performance.
DOC / PDF
- Drug effects handout ?
short descriptions of the effects experienced by victims of
intoxication, including the impact on their stats (semi-realistic).
Personally I wouldn?t let the player know about the impact on their
character?s stats ;-)
- Poison tests ? a simple table detailing the varying degrees of success and failure. Can be used as a player handout.
- Extreme cold conditions ? proof that the elements can overwhelm even the mightiest of heroes! Semi-realistic and can be used as a player handout.
- WFRP price list? historically?based and well-written, this brilliant document goes a long way to correcting some of the terrible imbalances in WFRP?s price lists, e.g. horses, food, coaches. An essential gaming aid, I undertook some minor edits and basic formatting for easier reading (only document here not written by my fair hand).